Crizal® Prevencia™ No-Glare lenses - Revolutionary protection for your eyes.
Light can be beneficial in your everyday life1
- Light is fundamental for vision
- Color perception, shapes and details
- Blue-Turquoise Light aids in your overall well-being
- Sleep/wake cycles, memory and basic mental functioning
But light can also be harmful to your vision and health2,3
- UV Light is not only a major risk factor for many skin diseases, but is also a risk factor for eye diseases, including cataract
- Blue-Violet Light is harmful to retinal cells and is one of the risk factors for the onset of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- AMD is the number one cause of severe vision loss and legal blindness in adults over 60—having a family history can increase your chances of developing AMD
- Be sure to let your eye doctor know if you have a history of AMD in your family
Crizal Prevencia is designed to selectively filter out harmful light while letting beneficial light pass through
- Crizal Prevencia is proven to deflect harmful Blue-Violet Light by 20%*4
- Crizal Prevencia has an Eye-Sun Protection Factor (E-SPF®) of 25, which means 25x times more UV protection for your eyes compared to wearing no lens at all†
Crizal Prevencia No-Glare lenses work in 3 ways:
- Selectively filter out harmful light (Blue-Violet & UV)
- Allow beneficial light to pass through (visible light, including Blue-Turquoise)
- Maintain excellent transparency (clear No-Glare lens) for optimal vision at all times
Crizal provides superior clarity of vision with the most complete protection.
RESISTS glare, scratch, smudge, dust, water
Choose revolutionary protection for your eyes. Talk to your Eyecare Professional about Crizal Prevencia.
* 25% less light-induced retinal cell death rate versus a naked eye, with a 20% cut of Blue-Violet Light. In vitro experiments conducted by Essilor and Paris Vision Institute. Retinal Pigment Epithelium cells were exposed to Blue-Violet Light, reproducing the physiological exposure to sunlight of the 40-year-old eye.
† E-SPF of 25 means the wearer is 25 times more protected than without any lens. E-SPF of 25 when Crizal is made with any lens material other than 1.5 clear plastic.
1. Taylor HR, West S, Munoz B, et al. The long-term effects of visible light on the eye. Arch Ophthalmol. 1992;110:99-104 [FN 51].
2. Fletcher AE, Bentham GC, Agnew M, et al. Sunlight exposure, antioxidants, and age-related macular degeneration. Arch Ophthalmol. 2008;126:1396-1403 [FN 54].
3. Ishikawa H, Onodera A, Asakawa K, Nakadomari S, Shimizu K. Effects of selective-wavelength block filters on pupillary light reflex under red and blue light stimuli. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2012;56(2):181-6 [FN 82].
4. Arnault E, Barrau C, Nanteau C, et al. Characterization of the blue light toxicity spectrum on A2E-loaded RPE cells in sunlight normalized conditions. Poster presented at: Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology Annual Meeting; May 5-9, 2013; Seattle, WA.